Things to Do in Tifton
Tifton and the surrounding area offer great places for conference participants, spouses and children to have fun!
Our staff recommends activities such as:
- Shopping in Tifton's antique shops and boutiques!
- Dining in one of Tifton's many popular national restaurants, romantic southern dining rooms, or comfortable ethnic spots.
- Celebrating the seasons, talents, and heritage of Tifton with the more than 50 regional events and festivals taking place each year.
- Enjoying the area's beautiful golf courses. The Conference Center staff will coordinate a golf outing at one of our championship golf courses.
Take a Tour
For those who want to explore Tifton in more depth, we can assist guests in organizing informative and entertaining tours of the area. Our staff will take care of all aspects of a tour, from registration, to receipt of payments, transportation, and meals/breaks and tour stops, all at a group rate. Some tour ideas include:
- Agriculture: Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow
- Blue and Gray: Civil War Excursion
- Jimmy Carter and Jeff Davis: A Tale of Two Presidents
Our staff can suggest and help plan outings to a variety of local attractions, such as:
- Georgia Museum of Agriculture and Historic Village: A 95-acre 1890s farm and village, the Georgia Museum of Agriculture and Historic Village has costumed interpreters who explain about early life in the South.
- Historic Downtown Tifton: Take a tour of The Myon, built in 1906 as the finest hotel south of Atlanta. Visit the Atlantic Coastline Artists Station or the Tifton Terminal Railway Museum. Explore the shops and unique dining options!
- Tifton-Tift County Public Library: With a PINES library Card (which is used in almost every public library in Georgia) a visitor can check out new fiction, books on audiocassette or audio CD and then return the items at their home library. We also have wireless and wired internet access at no charge.
- Wild Adventures Theme Park: A safari and water theme park located approximately one hour from Tifton off I-75, Exit 13.
Other activities in Tifton and surrounding areas include:
- Movies: AMC Classic Tifton 6, 216 N. Virginia Ave., Tifton, GA — Phone: (229) 385-6568
- Bowling: Tift County Lanes, 105 Parkway Dr., Tifton, GA — Phone: (229) 386-0820
- Golfing: The Golf Club of South Georgia, 3922 U.S. Hwy 41 N., Tifton, GA — Phone: (229) 386-4653
- Fishing: Paradise Public Fishing Area, Hwy 82 E. at Brookfield-Lenox Road, Enigma, GA — Phone: (229) 533-4792
Enjoy a round of golf at the beautiful Golf Club of South Georgia